Web WhatsApp : In January 2015, WhatsApp web version was launched so that users could send and receive messages using WhatsApp from the computer or a laptop through browsers. With each passing day, the popularity of this feature has grown. Web clients have become trendy because users use them to communicate with professionals, share files, and transfer information more efficiently than email.
WhatsApp Web App
Neither the user interface nor the functionality of the web version is lacking. As an alternative to the mobile app, it is an application that users can use on their phones to manage and display information (messages, contacts, images). This guide will introduce you to many of the exciting features of my WhatsApp Web, showing you how to use it to its fullest potential.
Facebook launched WhatsApp web on 21 January 2015, a desktop version of WhatsApp Messenger available for Android, Blackberry, and Windows phones. Later, it was made for iPhones, Nokias, and Android phones. WhatsApp Messenger can also be operated from a computer or a laptop.
WhatsApp allows you to browse with WhatsApp Messenger on a connected mobile through your browser. You do not need to download an app to use it. Instant messages can be sent and received directly from the browser.
How Web WhatsApp connect and works on computer?
WhatsApp Web does not have all the features that are available in the mobile app. App on mobile devices is essential to the operation of the app – the WhatsApp Web cannot function without it. If you want to use WhatsApp Web, you will need to have your phone available.
It is a copy of your mobile device. WhatsApp Web notifies you as soon as new messages arrive on your phone. If your phone does not have a connection, is turned off, or is not connected while you are offline, WhatsApp Web won’t display messages.
WhatsApp Web is in some cases more secure than other chat apps because of this, but it makes WhatsApp less suitable than other chat apps.
Where to find the location of WhatsApp Web QR Code ?
- In WhatsApp, you can add contacts by scanning a QR code which you can make available to friends and family.
- Whatsapp accounts will not expire if you reset or remove them. Do not share your QR code with people you do not trust.
- Other people can scan the Whatsapp QR code and add you as a contact by forwarding it to them. As a result, they can immediately message you.
- You can do this by opening WhatsApp on your mobile devices.
- Then click on the vertical bar on the left side of your screen. A menu will appear as you tap on the bar.
- Select settings now.
- After that, tap the QR icon next to your name.
Requirement to connect WhatsApp Web
- In order to use WhatsApp, you need an account.
- On the computer as well as the mobile device, internet access must be available.
- The latest version of your browser should be installed on your computer or laptop.
How to connect to WhatsApp Web
Following these steps, you can configure WhatsApp Web easily
- Type URL in your browser: https://web.whatsapp.com.
- If you’re using a PC, open your browser and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- You need to scan a QR code to connect to WhatsApp Web.
- Tap Menu > WhatsApp at the top of the screen to access the QR code scanner.
- When you point your phone’s rear camera at the QR code will appear on your PC screen.
WhatsApp Web automatically connects your phone to your PC within seconds of scanning the QR code. Both WhatsApp mobile and the web version will automatically sync. WhatsApp will be available online once you have connected it to your computer.
Things you can do on WhatsApp Web
- You should use your keyboard to type.
- Access to multimedia (photos, videos, audio) is available inline. Videos can be played as well as downloaded directly to your PC. Therefore, you must click on each media file individually if you want to download all of the files simultaneously.
- Using Picture-in-Picture, you can watch videos on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube without leaving the chat window.
- By searching, you can find existing conversations or start a new conversation with any contact.
- View contact details.
- New group chats can be started, discussions in group chats can be viewed, and information about the group can be viewed.
- All saved settings can be accessed from multiple computers and the phone can be connected to more than one. You can also remotely disconnect any linked web browser from your phone.
- You can enable desktop sounds and alerts if you want.
- Sharing photos and videos, documents, and contacts with friends and family is easy.
- Emojis, GIFs, stickers, and voice notes are all available.
- Status updates of contacts can be viewed on WhatsApp.
- It is possible to select multiple messages and delete them.
- Replying, forwarding, staring or deleting messages are all available.
- By visiting your profile page, you can edit your profile.
- Using WhatsApp Beta you are able to send and receive voice and video calls with WhatsApp
Things you cannot do on WhatsApp Web
- Broadcasting cannot be used with WhatsApp Web.
- You cannot modify the status of your WhatsApp account.
- The current location of your device can’t be shared or mapped.
- All photos and videos that you receive from your friends will be automatically downloaded to your computer since you cannot change the settings for media downloads.
- Multiple web browsers cannot run simultaneously. One browser/PC can be used at a time, but two or more cannot be supported.
- Chats and notifications for WhatsApp can be customized with wallpaper.
How can I connect WhatsApp to my laptop?
- Open any web browser and follow the steps above to access the desktop on your computer.
- WhatsApp provides two types of web downloads:
- The popular messaging service Whatsapp is accessible through a web browser.
- Sending and receiving messages is possible with the WhatsApp Desktop application which can be downloaded to your computer.
- You may download .exe or .dmg files from the Whatsapp website by going to https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ with your computer’s browser.
- Once the download has been completed, the installation process can begin. Then follow the on-screen instructions after opening the .exe or .dmg file.
- You must have Windows 8.1 or a newer version of the operating system, along with macOS 10.10.
Disconnecting from WhatsApp Web or logout Web WhatsApp
When you are using WhatsApp Web on your computer, you can stay logged in even when you aren’t using it. That’s really convenient.
If you are using someone’s computer and have just finished using WhatsApp, you should always log out after you are finished. I recommend both the mobile app and computer.
- Log out of WhatsApp Web by clicking the Menu button > Logout option.
- To log out of WhatsApp Web from your phone, go to Menu > WhatsApp Web > Log out of all devices. The program closes WhatsApp Web from all computers on which you are logged in.
How safe is WhatsApp Web?
If you wish to scan the WhatsApp Web QR Code using the Web QR Code, you will have to rerun the scan after logging out.
The company is now encrypting all of its messages end-to-end after being criticized for its lack of security at first. This also affects the company’s WhatsApp Web client.
The best WhatsApp security practices and understanding how secure your photos are on WhatsApp are important if you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or through WhatsApp Web. If you have to access WhatsApp Web from a different computer, it would be helpful if you opened it in an incognito window.
Using WhatsApp Web has some unique features
For long conversations, you’re better off typing on a keyboard. It is also convenient to use WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Business together if you need to take care of multiple customers at the same time.
The mouse can also be used in conjunction with keyboard shortcuts. You can use Ctrl + Shift + [ to go to the previous chat, and Ctrl + Shift + ] to go to the next chat.
Having multiple WhatsApp accounts
It is common for people to have two WhatsApp accounts, one associated with a number and another with another. In spite of having two computers on one computer, you can still control WhatsApp online.
WhatsApp Web can only be accessed by opening two different browsers, such as Chrome and Opera. You can also log out of WhatsApp Web after using it in an incognito window for an hour.